Friday, June 03, 2005

Downing Street Memo: Kerry Joins in Asking for Inquiry



Even though I think Kerry wimped out in terms of the election, now that he is functioning as a Senator and not trying to win a campaign, his actions on Capital Hill have been pretty good lately. He objected to Gonzales, he is objecting to Bolton, and he has joined Boxer on issues regarding election fraud, and he refused to vote for the
cloture motion that would have shut down the filibuster option and cleared the way for Owen's confirmation.

Lately he has joined a number of representives in the house in wanting an Resolution of Inquiry into the Downing Street Memo:

"When I go back [to Washington] on Monday, I am going to raise the issue. I think it's a stunning, unbelievably simple and understandable statement of the truth and a profoundly important document that raises stunning issues here at home. And it's amazing to me the way it escaped major media discussion. It's not being missed on the Internet, I can tell you that."
He questioned Americans' understanding of the war and the idea that criticism equals disloyalty, saying,

"Do you think that Americans if they really understood it would feel that way knowing that on Election Day, 77 percent of Americans who voted for Bush believed that weapons of mass destruction had been found and 77 percent believe Saddam did 9/11? Is there a way for this to break through, ever?"
He joins Congressman John Conyers and 89 other Representatives in the house in their desire for answers to questions the Memo raises.

I suggest we call him, and thank him for his willingness to take on this issue, and encourage our Senators to join him. I'm calling Barbara Boxer's office on Monday.

I think he is doing better as a Senator now than before the election.

And he does understand how wrong it is to send our soldiers to die in a foreign land based on lies.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard u on Mike Malloy...I am a frequent caller on his show as well. Each month I feature an "external" BLOG of the month...I really like what you have done here and I am gonna feature your work this month on mine.

Oh and yes I signed the Conyers letter!

Anonymous said...

Added you to swarm update today.